Have ever tried removing grime, dust and dirt from a hardwood floor while maintaining its polish and shine? Well, if you have i bet you know that it is very tricky, especially when your equipment is not fit for the task. A Top rated vacuum for old wood floors, will help you to clean with little effort and have it in a spotless luster. There are many brands of vacuum cleaners in the today’s market, it can be very confusing when you go out looking for one.
1. No beater brushes: The vacuum cleaner should not have beater brushes. You need to check the vacuum for the brushes, that are usually covered with thick bristles. These are meant to dig into the carpet fibers, they can cause horrid scratches when used on the hardwood floors.
2. Compatibility and weight: You need to choose a vacuum cleaner that is easy to move around and also has less weight. Heavy weight vacuum cleaners can cause scratches and scuff-marks all over your floor. The cleaner should be light weighted and portable such that you can carry it from one place to another with ease. It should also not take too much storage space.
3. Cleaning methods: To know the best cleaning method for your floor, you have to determine your workflow. If your home has less floor mats, a dry vacuum cleaner can be effective and efficient to use. A wet dry hard wood floor is more feasible to use in homes with ample floor mats, as it can transition from floors to carpets.
4. Padded with felt stripes and rubber: This feature effectively prevents accidental scratches.
5. Mop and sweep functions: An ideal machine for the wooden floor should have both the mop and sweep functions. With the wet function you can effortlessly clean your floor after vacuuming, this is needed for hardwood floors. Leaving water on the wooden surface for a long period of time will damage your floor.
6. Powerful suction: Some of theobjects found on the hardwood floors are very stubborn therefore they require a strong suction power.
7. Price: You have to consider price whenever you are shopping for anything. Expensive products do not necessarily offer better value. You need to stay within your budget and always buy products that deliver the most value for their price.
8. Warranty: If you buy a vacuum cleaner today and it breaks up in a few days, you should not have to spend your money in repairing it. If it does not offer a warranty, you should consider another brand that does. The warranty should clearly spell out what parts if covers and over what period.
9. Online purchase vs. local: Buying local means that you can look at the vacuum cleaner before you buy, and cut down the costs of shipping. Buying online means larger discounts, competitive prices and more availability. Once you decide to buy a vacuum cleaner for your hardwood floor, explore the options that you have, sift through the many brands, and use this strategies so that at the end you buy a vacuum cleaner that offers you value for your money.